Philadelphia Eagles’ fans knew how special quarterback Jalen Hurts was all season, and now the remainder of the league does too.
On Sunday, February 26, the 101 Awards recognized Jalen Hurts as the NFC Offensive Player of the Year. The 24-year-old thanked his parents, family members, teammates, coaches, and Philadelphia’s front office for his success.
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) February 26, 2023
JALEN HURTS WINS NFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Founded in 1969, the 101 Awards began with 101 members who select the Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, and Coach of the Year in both the AFC and NFC. The event, held in Kansas City takes place following each professional season.
Despite the Kansas City Chiefs taking home the most awards for 2022, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts won NFC Offensive Player of the Year.
Leading the Birds in his third season, Hurts commanded the field with confidence. Becoming a more accurate player, he completed the regular-season 14-1, securing the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs. In 16 games, Hurts finished with 3,701 passing yards, 760 rushing yards and 35 total touchdowns.
In the postseason, his dual-threat capabilities took the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Hurts added another 579 passing yards, 143 rushing yards, and eight touchdowns in three games.
The remainder of the winners include the following:
- NFC Coach of the Year — Brian Daboll, New York Giants
- NFC Defensive Player of the Year — Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers
- AFC Coach of the Year — Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars
- AFC Offensive Player of the Year — Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
- AFC Defensive Player of the Year — Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs
- Lamar Hunt Award for Professional Football — the late John Madden
- Mack Lee Hill Award — Isaiah Pacheco, Kansas City Chiefs
- Derrick Thomas Award — Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs