The Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders and Eagles Dancers are the official cheerleading and performance groups of the Philadelphia Eagles. The team was founded in 1948, and the Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders were first formed in 1949, making them one of the oldest cheerleading squads in the NFL.
Everything you need to know about the 2023 Eagles Cheerleaders Squad
The Eagles Cheerleaders are known for their high-energy routines and performances, which are choreographed to popular music and often include acrobatic stunts and impressive dance moves. They perform at every home game at Lincoln Financial Field and appear at various events and functions throughout the year.
In addition to their performances on the field, the Eagles Cheerleaders are involved in various community outreach programs and charitable events. They have participated in events such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the Philadelphia Marathon, and the Eagles Autism Challenge and have raised millions of dollars for charitable organizations over the years.
How to become an Eagles Cheerleader
Becoming a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader is a dream for many dancers who love football and want to showcase their talent on a big stage. The number of Eagles Cheerleaders varies yearly but generally ranges from 30 to 40 dancers. Here are some steps to help you become a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader:
- Meet the Requirements: To be eligible to become a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader, you must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be in excellent physical condition. You should also have experience in dance or cheerleading, with a strong focus on jazz, hip hop, and/or pom dance styles.
- Prepare for Auditions: Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders hold open auditions each year, typically in the spring. In preparation for auditions, you should practice your dance skills, work on your flexibility and endurance, and prepare mentally for the audition process.
- Attend Auditions: Auditions typically involve multiple rounds of dance routines and interviews, and candidates are evaluated on their dance skills, physical fitness, communication skills, and overall appearance. It is essential to come to auditions prepared and confident, with a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
- Participate in Training: If you are selected as a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader, you will participate in an intensive training program that will prepare you for game-day performances and public appearances. The training program includes dance rehearsals, fitness training, and education on team values and expectations.
- Perform at Games and Events: As a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader, you will perform at all home games, as well as at community events, charity functions, and other public appearances. You will be representing the team and the city of Philadelphia, and it is important to be professional, enthusiastic, and positive in all your interactions.
Becoming a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader requires hard work, dedication, and a passion for dance and football. If you are committed to these values and willing to put in the effort, you could be one step closer to achieving your dream of becoming a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader. Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders must be at least 18 years old to audition, but there is no maximum age limit.
- For more info visit: www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/
- Check out the current Eagles Cheerleader Roster
What do Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders do?
Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders perform at all home games, entertaining fans with their high-energy dance routines and cheering on the team. They also make appearances at community events, charity functions, and other public appearances to promote the team and its values.
Some of the highlights of being a Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader include performing in front of thousands of fans, traveling to new cities, meeting new people, and being part of a close-knit team that shares a common passion for dance and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders are paid for their performances and appearances. However, the amount of pay varies based on the individual’s experience and level of responsibility.
Eagles Cheerleaders Legends
The Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders have a long and storied history, and many talented and beautiful dancers have graced the squad over the years. Here are a few of the best Eagles Cheerleaders in history:
- Barbara Zaun: Barbara Zaun was one of the original members of the Eagles Cheerleaders and served as the captain of the squad in the early 1970s. She is considered one of the most influential and iconic cheerleaders in NFL history and is credited with helping to establish cheerleading as a legitimate athletic pursuit.
- Michele Molfetta: Michele Molfetta was a member of the Eagles Cheerleaders from 1989 to 1992 and served as the captain of the squad in her final year. She is considered one of the most talented dancers in Eagles Cheerleaders history and was known for her high-energy performances and precise choreography.
- Stacey Kiebler: Stacey Kiebler was a member of the Eagles Cheerleaders in the late 1990s before going on to achieve fame as a professional wrestler and TV personality. She was known for her stunning beauty and graceful dance moves and was a fan favorite during her time with the squad.
- Blair Williams: Blair Williams was a member of the Eagles Cheerleaders in the early 2000s and served as the captain of the squad in her final year. She was known for her athleticism, grace, and professionalism and was a role model for young dancers and cheerleaders.
- Kyle Tanguay: Kyle Tanguay was a member of the Eagles Cheerleaders from 2007 to 2011 and served as the captain of the squad in her final year. She was known for her dynamic dance moves, infectious smile, and positive attitude and was a beloved figure in the Eagles community.
These are just a few of the many talented and dedicated Eagles Cheerleaders who have made a lasting impact on the squad and the NFL as a whole. Each of them has helped to define the spirit and energy of the Philadelphia Eagles and the city of Philadelphia, and their contributions will never be forgotten.
NFL Cheerleaders FAQ
Q: What are NFL cheerleaders?
A: NFL cheerleaders are dancers and performers who support and energize the crowd during NFL games. They also serve as ambassadors for the team and participate in community and charity events.
Q: How do you become an NFL cheerleader?
A: Each team has its own audition process, but typically, candidates must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and pass a physical fitness test. Candidates also usually have to attend workshops or training sessions to learn dance routines and other performance skills.
Q: What do NFL cheerleaders do during games?
A: NFL cheerleaders perform dance routines, cheer on the team, and interact with fans during games. They also participate in pre-game and halftime performances, as well as in-game promotions and activities.
Q: How much do NFL cheerleaders get paid?
A: NFL cheerleaders are generally not paid a salary, but instead receive a per-game fee for each game they perform at. This fee varies by team but typically ranges from $50 to $200 per game.
Q: What other responsibilities do NFL cheerleaders have?
A: NFL cheerleaders are expected to maintain a certain level of fitness and appearance throughout the season. They also participate in community and charity events, such as visiting hospitals and schools, and may attend promotional events for the team.
Q: Do all NFL teams have cheerleaders?
A: No, not all NFL teams have cheerleaders. Some teams, such as the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears, do not have cheerleading squads.
Q: What is the age range of NFL cheerleaders?
A: The age range of NFL cheerleaders varies, but most teams require candidates to be at least 18 years old. Some teams also have age limits, such as the Dallas Cowboys, who require cheerleaders to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
Q: Are NFL cheerleaders required to have a certain body type or size?
A: Each team has its own requirements for physical appearance, but generally, NFL cheerleaders are expected to be in good physical shape and maintain a certain level of fitness. However, the standards for body type and size have become a topic of controversy in recent years, with some arguing that they promote unrealistic and unhealthy beauty standards.
Q: Can men be NFL cheerleaders?
A: Yes, men can be NFL cheerleaders. Some teams have co-ed cheerleading squads, while others have all-male squads. The Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints, for example, have both all-female and co-ed cheerleading squads.
Q: What is the role of an NFL cheerleading captain?
A: The NFL cheerleading captain is responsible for leading and managing the cheerleading squad. This includes choreographing dance routines, organizing practices and rehearsals, and serving as a liaison between the squad and team management. The captain is also responsible for maintaining team morale and ensuring that all squad members are performing at their best.